Where will you be working?
Worldstream is an Infrastructure-as-a-Service (Iaas) Provider with its own data centers in the Netherlands and locations abroad. With our services, we now serve thousands of customers all over the world. Worldstream is a fast-growing company in a future-proof sector. A place where good ideas are heard and implemented without unnecessary meetings. And the proud main sponsor of the skating team Team Worldstream. We distinguish ourselves through good support, network quality, in-house developed services, and short lines between departments. We are also known for our flexibility and custom solutions. Our head office is located in Naaldwijk.
What does a day at the office look like?
You work in shifts of 8 hours with varying times. Your day starts with checking our ticket system. Every question or malfunction is registered with us as a ticket. Answering these tickets is a priority throughout the working day. For example, you are going to work with a ticket about an error in the firewall configuration. With the data you have received from the customer, you log in via remote access and undo the incorrect configuration. You let the customer know that the problem has been successfully resolved and close the ticket.
A question about CPUs is asked in the company chat. You pick this up and try to inform the customer as correctly as possible. After closing this chat, you notice that a large order has been placed on our website. You process the order in the customer's account and decide to help your provisioning colleagues with installing the servers. These cases are a small selection of the various customer contact situations you will be dealing with as a support engineer at Worldstream. The ways in which you can assist our customers as a support engineer are always different and that makes the work fun and challenging.
Who are we looking for?
- MBO + working and thinking level.
- You have at least 1 years of experience in the management of systems and software, preferably at an ISP.
- You are also analytical, customer-oriented, communicative, and independent.
- Knowledge of IT hardware.
- Knowledge of IP networks.
- Experience in troubleshooting and managing Windows and Linux. MCSA or LPI certification is a plus.
- Experience with (a selection of) the following software / techniques: MySQL, Apache, PHP, Nginx, etc.
- You have a good command of spoken and written Dutch and English.
What do we offer?
- A competitive salary.
- Generous allowances for irregular shifts.
- 25 paid vacation days (excluding public holidays).
- A good pension scheme with an average of 30% personal contribution.
- Room to develop yourself through courses and training.
- Ability to grow within the organization.
- Pleasant and informal working atmosphere (Friday afternoon drinks).
- Fully equipped kitchen with breakfast and lunch.
- Fitness gym on location.
Does the above appeal to you? Send your CV including motivation to firstname.lastname@example.org